PRV or half close the mains stopcock? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss PRV or half close the mains stopcock? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vetinry

Morning

We're cracking on with the heating and DHW upgrade, and have now got the new unvented cylinder installed.

One of my biggest concerns previously was that the new system would not give as good a shower as the old pumped gravity system, but if anything, now that we've changed from gravity fed to mains pressure water there is a bit too much pressure coming out of the taps and the showers are a tiny bit strong (different sensation than using pumped gravity water).

We've used 2 seperate mains inlets and have installed a PRV on the supply to the unvented cylinder but not yet to the cold water main. Static pressure was about 3.5 bar

I've read a little bit about how PRVs work and think that we should install one on the cold water mains inlet, but it's a bit tight for space and so another option is just to use the stopcock

I'm assuming though that half closing the stopcock will do nothing to the pressure but will likely reduce the flow. Obviously the PRV will reduce the pressure, but will it do so without affecting the flow too much?

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

Steve

half closing stopcock will reduce the flow rate, not the pressure

Why not just use the balanced feed connection at the cylinder inlet group.

Fit a pressure reducing valve on the cold set at the same as the hot, I always think PRV as pressure relief valve which is something else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Definitely worth checking the clipping...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a chattering float valve in the loft...
Replies
Views
They don’t have a expansion relief eg prv is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Any pictures of how you’ve installed it ?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Photos of the cylinder which is located in...
Replies
Views
Back