pump advice | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
Guest viewing is limited

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss pump advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to all.
I have never used a online forum before so let's see how it goes.
Can any one please let me know if there is any difference between a " circulation heating pump" and a "hot water pump"
In my boiler room in have 2 pumps, one is for the heating system and the other one is for the hot water.
Last year I replaced the heating pump, and now I wish to replace the hot water pump.
The choice wasn't a problem last year as the pumps said either " central heating pump" or " heating pump" now I need a pump just for my hot water taps are they the same thing???.
One other thing, I now need to get hot water up into the roof space of my BUNGALOW a hight of about 4 meters in hight. Am I right in assuming that i require a pump that will pump my water 4 meters high, and is that is what is meant by "4 meter head".
Please excuse me if this is totally wrong as I am a complete novice when it comes to plumbing, but as I have got quite a bit to do it better start learning. Cheers.

The hot water (secondary return pump) is made of bronze as it is potable water
Some newer ones are stainless steel

Or do you mean a booster pump on hot water
Do you have an unvented cylinder
No tanks in roofs pace or tanks in roofs pace
No the 4m head is not really for that
But a standard 25/50
Or if your on mainland a 15/50 should be ok depending on the size of the house and water content

Last edited by a moderator:
Errr in am sure what you said makes sense to you but not me.
I have a single pipe heating system ( I know it's not the best start) and I fitted a new circulation pump last year.
The hot water is a separate pump, circulation pump on right of boiler, hot taps water pump on left of boiler.
The hot water cylinder is on the same level as the boiler ( gound) with the cold water tank and heating header tank in loft.
I wish to change the hot water pump for the tap. Can I use a heating circulation pump to pump my hot taps water, are they the same thing??

Is it a s plan system with two pumps and two motorised valves? 1 pump for central heating and 1 pump for the cylinder primaries? Or is it a secondary return pump or a booster pump?

What does it say on the pump you want to replace?

Hi thanks for your reply but as I said your talking to a total novice. I don't know what a "s plan system " is.
The plumber who has been to the house said the pump on the right of the boiler is the heating circulation pump, and the one on the left is for your hot water.
I have no motorised valves at all. As far as the pumps in question is concerned is just says 15/50..

Must be an oldish house I presume
One pump is for radiators the other is going to coil for hot water
To pump taps you would be talking about a booster pump
Take a few pics and we can see better

Yes I would say your correct. Will take some pics and try to post them tomorrow night.
Ps house not that old, but built by a builder who was a tight *#*#.

Steve, with respect, why are you asking? Why is the plumber who has been not doing the work or ahy are you not taking his advice? If you didnt like him, try someone else. If you dont know what you are doing, get someone who does?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As Simon has hinted, this should be done by...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Best you contact Daikin and see what they say...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
Back