Push button toilet overflowing | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Push button toilet overflowing in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cairns

Hi, I had a top fitted push button toilet fitted two years ago.It has started to overflow due to the the stop valve not working and the water in the cistern is pouring down the central overflow.The water stops flowing in when I lift the valve arm.
I will be calling my plumber on Tuesday for some other work and will get him to look at it but is there a simple way to check the input valve for grit etc?
My bathroom fitter removed all the documents about the flushing system so i cant even tell what make it is.
Many thanks.

If the water stops flowing when you lift the float then just adjust it and make it lower

Well, no, that's not the answer. If it wasn't overflowing before and now it is you need to either change the washer/seat in the float valve or change the float valve. You may well be able to force it shut by pulling the arm up but that's not a permanent solution.

Sounds like the washers gone, replace the diaphragm and orifice

Many thanks for the replies.I have managed to free the valve controlling water inflow and water has stopped poring into wc.Plumber will check it on Tuesday.
Your help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you mate, really appreciated that. I...
Replies
Views
A
A common problem usual a new flush valve is...
Replies
Views
Really helpful thread, thank you
Replies
Views
Hve you tried pulling the large chrome part...
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
Back