Push button toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Push button toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gavla

Hello Plumbers

My friend has a Lab-Sanitory, push button toilet and she was moaning that the water was trickling down into the pan, and at night it sounded quiet loud.
The first i did was check the flapper to make sure it was free from debris, then i adjusted the adjustable float arm, so the water level was not so near the overflow. I left it for about 30 mins and noticed the water very gradually still rising, it took about 1hr 30mins to just go over the overflow.

If anyone could help that would be great!

cheers gavla:(

Sounds like the float needs more adjustment, or the valve is worn.

I agree, these part 4 equilibrium inlet valves dont get on very well with grit coming in from the mains.

Turn water off and take diaphram washer out and rinse it under the tap, check the see it any filters are gritty etc. Make sure you put it back the way it came out.

If no luck replace entire valve with a Fluidmaster.

I agree, it would be worth checking for debris if still no joy then just replace with a fluidmaster inlet valve there fairly cheap nowadays between 8-15 quid depending on where you get them from and they are much quieter when filling up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
Good to hear it's now working - even if you're...
Replies
Views
Are they all designed to fit a standard...
Replies
Views
As long as you get the version with the brass...
Replies
Views
I take it that there was nothing there...
Replies
Views
Hello mate. Thanks for your advice! I tried...
Replies
Views
Back