push plug stuck | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
Guest viewing is limited

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss push plug stuck in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,

I have a push up plug in my bathroom sink. It is now stuck and I have tried a few options. It really is stuck and I wonder what I should do to get it fixed. Any ideas how much it will cost me to have it fixed, if I am not able to do it myself?

Thanks,

Nav

Is it one with a rod that you push down on or is it a sprung one?

In any case - try removing the trap from underneath the basin and then you can poke a pencil/screwdriver up from underneath it may help you free it off.

If not, remove the large nut from underneath and push the whole waste fitting up and out and replace it with a new one.

If it’s a pedestal it may be tricky, especially if it’s been tiled around.
If it’s a vanity unit it should be a lot quicker/easier/cheaper.

Is it one with a rod that you push down on or is it a sprung one?

In any case - try removing the trap from underneath the basin and then you can poke a pencil/screwdriver up from underneath it may help you free it off.

If not, remove the large nut from underneath and push the whole waste fitting up and out and replace it with a new one.

If it’s a pedestal it may be tricky, especially if it’s been tiled around.
If it’s a vanity unit it should be a lot quicker/easier/cheaper.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the response. It is one with a sprung.
Please see an image of the pipes. Do you mean I have to unscrew the pipes?

Thanks,

bathroom.jpg

Nav

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Despite your best efforts, hair, from all...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just drill 2 new holes in bress and drill...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, thanks - your more of a builder/tiler then...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You could try putting it in boiling hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi, could you post a picture of the whole WC...
Replies
Views
Back