Push toilet flush not working | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Push toilet flush not working in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

The push button on the wall for my toilet no longer works. It pushes in but does not flush the toilet. I can flush manually by pushing down in the cistern - photo attached. I have checked the tube from the button leading to this and there does not appear to be holes.
Anyone know what the fix may be? More photos can be provided. Thanks!

Attachments

• 09AF8DFC-B93A-45BA-B6A6-106889228F0E.jpeg
    09AF8DFC-B93A-45BA-B6A6-106889228F0E.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 28
I can’t see very well but it looks like a grohe dal.

This is pneumatic and the fault you describe is likely to be perforated bellows in the push button. Get a new button.

Or could be the little corrugated bellows that sit on top of the flush valve.

I can’t see very well but it looks like a grohe dal.

This is pneumatic and the fault you describe is likely to be perforated bellows in the push button. Get a new button.

Or could be the little corrugated bellows that sit on top of the flush valve.

Thanks for your reply - I think the issue could be the latter. I took more photos since taking some of it apart. Would I need a new plastic end for the clear tube? Sorry - absolute novice here

Attachments

• 4E772862-76A8-48FB-B1B2-D9DEAC4C5BE1.jpeg
    4E772862-76A8-48FB-B1B2-D9DEAC4C5BE1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • E315A10C-B5F6-495E-A332-E11602D3BD1A.jpeg
    E315A10C-B5F6-495E-A332-E11602D3BD1A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
The push button on the wall for my toilet no longer works. It pushes in but does not flush the toilet. I can flush manually by pushing down in the cistern - photo attached. I have checked the tube from the button leading to this and there does not appear to be holes.
It looks like it’s a air tube problem. Replace the whole syphon with new push button

If you press the button the crinkly bellows should operate, ie open out to a longer tube (usually accompanied by a noise like those party whistle noise thingies rolling back up again!)

If this doesn't happen then either button, tube or bellows is faulty and need replacing - check through logically eg by blowing in tube etc and you should be able to find out which it is (could be all three don't forget)

If the bellows operate correctly then

1) make sure prong of bellows is located correctly on top edge of flush valve.

2) make sure flush valve operates correctly by hand, it has a spring that can get stuck /break.

Hii Othornley!!
Maybe the fault is in your push button; better to change this.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you mate, really appreciated that. I...
Replies
Views
still same issue, I haven't done anything...
Replies
Views
I would cut it to the right size and glue the...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
Can it easily be replaced with a non-pneumatic...
Replies
Views
Back