Putting in a new soil stack T | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Putting in a new soil stack T in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

I have drilled my new hole for the stack and it aligns almost perfectly with the horizontal 22mm copper gas pipe further along the wall.

So i think i will clash with this pipe even if i put a slightly steeper fall on it.

What do i do in this situation. The only idea i have is to have the bend pointing downwards and then run a short length of soil pipe vertical, then put another bend on the end to take it in the direction of the stack.

Any better ideas ?

Hi. Get the gas pipe altered. Saving on the extra soil pipe fittings you propose to use will pay for that.

as above, soil fittings are generally quite expensive, for the amount of time and materials it would take a gas engineer to move the gas slightly would outweigh the cost of the other option..would look better too;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont think that is an option, but i will look into it. the extra soil pipe bit will coat £14 so this is much cheaper than having the gas altered (which i think involves drilling a new hole)

pics speak better than words..

if its a soil pipe for a toilet 2 bends isn't really ideal, could cause problems. If you give us more details then we might be able to help a bit better.

would move the gas pipe, the more bends you fit the more restriction it will cause.
might end up looking a eyesore trying to fit a 4inch pipe around a gas pipe

yeah-would look like alton towers log flume!! heh heh-log flume-get it?
the guys are right, the cost of calling mr drain dude out to push that blocked poo would be serious cash!
keep soil stacks simple in my experience.

yeah-would look like alton towers log flume!! heh heh-log flume-get it?
the guys are right, the cost of calling mr drain dude out to push that blocked poo would be serious cash!
keep soil stacks simple in my experience.

take it you havnt been to alton towers anymore you sit in a bath tub nower days:p

and the last time i went to alton towers was literally the week they opened the corkscrew!!
im an aging git now, and i get my kicks from reading obituaries and seeing who ive outlasted!
oh yeah, and fixing rayburns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes it’s doable but I suspect it wouldn’t be...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I think its a case of stick with the...
Replies
Views
Should have added in, naturally there will be...
Replies
Views
Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
You can actually get 90 degree bends too...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back