Puzzled about pipe from Indirect coil? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Puzzled about pipe from Indirect coil? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jirams

I have Baxi BBU 552 with gravity fed indirect cylinder. The Boiler 28 mm flow enters top connection to coil in cylinder and a 22 mm continues on up from it into attic which I presume is the expansion overflow. What is puzzling is me that a 15 mm pipe is connected to the 28 mm coil return where it leaves the cylinder. This 15 mm rises vertically into attic and has a hand stop valve on it.

Any suggestions as to what this 15 mm pipe with manual valve is for??

Please forgive my very senior moment in asking such a stupid question - cold feed it must be !!!

I'll get me coat !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
Like my system except a longer feed pipe??
Replies
Views
Hi - thanks for posting. Can anyone help out...
Replies
Views
Seemed so, for that first half hour. House had...
Replies
Views
Too much flow through the return needs a...
Replies
Views
Hi I am thinking of modifying the pipework to...
Replies
Views
Back