qualified gas engineer looking for advise on reconised plumbing qualifications | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss qualified gas engineer looking for advise on reconised plumbing qualifications in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leebaz

hi all, I recently came out the army and decided to train in a trade. im now a qualified gas engineer but id like plumbing qualifications as well as these pretty much go hand in hand. the only qualification I have on that side of things is my water scheme. ive done a bit of research but im struggling to makes sense out of all the different courses available. I have a basic knowledge but id like to get as many qualifications as possible. any help guiding me in the right direction would be much appreciated

Hi Leebaz, the best thing to do is phone a college and ask them mate, they should be able to advise you exactly what you want/need.

City and guilds 6189 parts 19 & 20 are the only ones recognised by the industry which is basically and apprenticeship. Combines onsite assessments with a day a week in college doing practical and theory tests. The college bit is easy and can be completed as quick as you want and so is the nvq site assesments if the work is there. You can't finish the qualification and get your certificates though until you have attended the college for a year. After that you go onto level 3 which is the same set up just more technical. I only know this cos it's what I'm stuck doing now, waiting for a year to be up to get my certificates

It sucks that its the only way possible to gain NVQ's. I've been in the trade for 15 years and desperately want the qualifications but can't really afford to lose the time away from work being as my dad who I work for is unable to work at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have just qualified as a registered gas...
Replies
Views
I am about to start a training course to...
Replies
Views
Contact the op if you can help
Replies
Views
Back