question on supervision of gas work | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss question on supervision of gas work in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am currently working on portfolio towards my gas safe qualification. i was wondering about the legality regarding supervision of my work. does the engineer need to directly supervise my work, or does it just need to be checked, commissioned and signed off by him? ie. should the engineer be looking over my shoulder at all times? thanks for your input.

I'm going through the same at the moment and I've found each engineer has his own comfort level. I've mostly been servicing which means I can't sign off records.

I always have an engineer with me. Each seems to have his own comfort level. Some after watching my work are happy to let me get on with it. Another will check all test points after I'm finished to ensure they are tight. At the end of the day, it's his name on the record so I completely understand why he does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas...
Replies
Views
Experience tells me 10mm won't be enough but...
Replies
Views
If you can afford to lose 1/2 or more of your...
Replies
Views
I suppose it depends on the machine and the...
Replies
Views
Back