Question re: condensate pump on Greenstar 440 | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Question re: condensate pump on Greenstar 440 in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

The condensate pump on my Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 CDI is flashing green and red simultaneously, halting after a few goes at starting up from power on. Is there anywhere I should be looking for obvious issues ahead of the plumber coming out in a few days?

Thanks, Lou

Pictures please which brand and model ? the flashing sequence should indicate the problem from a fault finding chart usually found in the installation instructions, these can usually be found online , I would start by looking for obstructions either in the pump itself or in the pipeline existing the pump and where it finally dumps the condense. Kop

Pictures please which brand and model ? the flashing sequence should indicate the problem from a fault finding chart usually found in the installation instructions, these can usually be found online , I would start by looking for obstructions either in the pump itself or in the pipeline existing the pump and where it finally dumps the condense. Kop
Hi,
It's a Worcester Bosch Greenstar Highflow 440 CDI. The condensate pump is Bosch. Unfortunately I'm away now, so can't picture. The manual does indeed indicate that dual lights flashing indicates it's trying to run dry. It's accessible from swivelling the PCB and expansion tank, so managed to take a quick look inside yesterday night. What I assume to be the float switch was sat high despite tank being empty, so I guess that's it rather than any blockage etc. I'll let the pro determine whether it can be resurrected/repaired. Cheers!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes it's puzzling why only one company...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
Has there been any resolution to this please...
Replies
Views
Philip B
P
Not offended. I understand your frustration...
Replies
Views
Is the newboiler a heat only boiler with a...
Replies
Views
Back