Question Re. Wire/Spring Clips Used In Boilers To Secure Internal Pipes | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Question Re. Wire/Spring Clips Used In Boilers To Secure Internal Pipes in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a quick question. Today I have removed the DHW plate hex on my Valliant Turbomax. One pipe to the hex was held on with a nut and had a 1/2" fibre washer. The other 3 connections had wire clips. All is ok, and the hw is now scalding after a good cleaning of the hex.

I'm unsure how you are supposed to use these spring clips on reassembly. Do you -

1) Push the stub of the hex with the o ring into the end of the pipe ( ie. the union) the put the clip in.

or

2) Do you put the clip in it's groove first, the slide the hex's stub in, so that the stub clicks into place.

Sorry it's a basic one!

Clips last IMO, could end up damaging the o-ring if the clip is poorly positioned.

Thanks very much. Yes, that makes sense. Didn't consider that it might catch on the o ring. Clips in last is the method I used anyhow. Didn't have any problems with these connections. Just a slight weep on the nut and fibre washer one. Little tighter and all OK.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hope to be living the French way next year!
Replies
Views
Back