Quick Question for NVQ lvl 3 plumbers! | Plumbing Courses | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Quick Question for NVQ lvl 3 plumbers! in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

Just out of interest...

How much gas experience was required from you before you could sit your ACS exams?

Sorry if this is a stupid question...not too sure about the in's and out's of NVQ3.

what would you get level 2 for? why is it not standard like 16 years ago to get level 3 what changed? and what is left out to get number 2

and answer to your question 4 years

quite a bit,cant remember exactly it was 16 years ago but i think we had to service,put a gas run in,fit a cooker,boiler,gas fire etc i was extremely lucky worked with my dad a rgi forever so got in that way much,much more difficult for guys without placements

some of the more 'fly by night' outfits will let you in to the acs centre providing you have a portfolio of at least 5 jobs on each type of appliance you are wanting to register for, cookers fires etc.

which can be done in hours and not days........there is a lot of opposition to this however and you should ask yourself whether you would feel confident rectifying boiler problems when all you have done is installs etc etc. needless to say the more experience you can get the better it is for you and more importantly the public at large!!

KJ

When doing my portfolio i was lucky to be working with someone who was really good and let me get hands on loads in order to learn. Most of the other guys i was on course with were not allowed to touch single thing

Similar plumbing topics

Many thanks for you reply. I think I may do...
Replies
Views
Just keep asking engineers if you see them in...
Replies
Views
G
We used to call them...Wateries...watered down...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I...
Replies
Views
Back