Quick Room Stat Wiring Question | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Quick Room Stat Wiring Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. I have a Danfoss hard-wired room thermostat. Inside are 5 terminals. One for 230v Live supply, one for 230v Neutral. One is COM which is powered by a link from the 230v Live as per the manual.

My question is, will the thermostat be in the normally open or normally closed state when it's below the set temperature? I know I could test it with a multimeter but I'm wanting to do as much of the wiring properly as I can before my gas fitter gets here on the Friday so we're not wasting time testing wiring then.

I'm assuming the thermostat will be closed until it gets up to temperature then will move to the open position?

Thanks in advance for help.

PS I've forgotten the model number!

Just searched online and it seems to be a RMT230 model. I don't really understand why a room thermostat needs a 230V Line and Neutral connection at all, I thought they were just a simple loop in and loop out?

Sorry, it's a RET230VF not a RMT230.

hi,. stat will be in closed position til its satisfied then it opens
some stats have anticipator built in, these need a neutral
imo

Thanks. It seems this one has an anticipator in so that answers my question about the 230v feed. I'm assuming I would only wire a motor return valve to normally open, a spring return valve doesn't need it of course.

Some stats have a relay inside that needs l & n or the switch won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I will have to experiment like you said and...
Replies
Views
Yes some are linked internally eg Drayton...
Replies
Views
That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, the installer had linked a permanent...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I have a normal on/off thermostat...
Replies
Views
Back