Quick way to work out TTD and TTP | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Quick way to work out TTD and TTP in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

R

Ryster

Just wondered if anyone had any quick ways of working out Tightness test pressure and durations!?

I hate doing it the way I was taught at college years ago, and would like to think someone somewhere has a quicker way of doing it!!?

Thanks everyone!

Are we talking IGE/up/1 1a or 1b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I missing summat ere? Tightness test is 20mbar for 3 mins inc stabilization. Whatchoo talkin bout Willis?!

Just wondered if anyone had any quick ways of working out Tightness test pressure and durations!?

I hate doing it the way I was taught at college years ago, and would like to think someone somewhere has a quicker way of doing it!!?

Thanks everyone!

not sure what your getting at, can you elaberate please

Big stuff Fuzzy

to up1a
You need to work out the volume and decide what guage you are using then basically read from the tables.;
TTP = op
TTD
Letby according to tables ie < 0.5 2mins, <0.8 3mins, <1 4 mins
Stabalisation = ttd or 6 mins whichever greater
ttd from tables
allowable pressure drop from tables.

UP1 is harder as you need to work it all out. Not any easy way really.

Am I missing summat ere? Tightness test is 20mbar for 3 mins inc stabilization. Whatchoo talkin bout Willis?!

Up1a. Alot more advanced than just domestic

Thanks lads.

Didn't really think there would be a quicker way, the way to do it is the way to do it I suppose.

It wad more because I have just had to work a massive one out, took almost 20 minutes and was an complete pain.

Volume, mild steel, elbows, GRM, what Type of gauge I was using, smallest room volume for permitted drop. It was a mental one, maybe next time I shall have a biscuit and a tea and calm down eh!?

Thanks lads.

Didn't really think there would be a quicker way, the way to do it is the way to do it I suppose.

It wad more because I have just had to work a massive one out, took almost 20 minutes and was an complete pain.

Volume, mild steel, elbows, GRM, what Type of gauge I was using, smallest room volume for permitted drop. It was a mental one, maybe next time I shall have a biscuit and a tea and calm down eh!?

Quickest way to always do the test is with a digi manometer with 2 decimal places
And leave calcs on site for next time

I've written iv and ttd on the meter before now, just to help me next time

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So, we have our answer. I tried a snake/rod...
Replies
Views
Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
  • Question
OK thanks for the response. I hadn't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for posting the picture... Maybe it was...
Replies
Views
Back