Quiet macerator toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Quiet macerator toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone use macerator toilets? I have potential space problems getting the soil pipe of a new bathroom to the main soil stack, but i could potentially solve this using a macerator toilet as it's waste pipe is narrower. However, given that the WC will be right next to a bedroom separated by stud wall, it would have to be pretty quiet and/or quick to quieten down.

If installed properly then there will be minimal noise our expert rpm Will no doubt be along shortly Who will probably get some more figures in terms of decibels and best practice.

What about the sound of the toilet flushing and refilling then?

Of course, there is noise from the toilet flushing. I guess i was looking for a comparison. A toilet flushing doesnt have much bass, but a mechanical system may do.

I think what rpm is saying is that it is all relative, yes there will be some noise from the macerator but generally it's not for a prolonged period. As an example My other half will usually sleep through a bomb going off. However if I am watching the football and shes gone to sleep she knows instantly if I open the fridge for another beer :smile:

I think what rpm is saying is that it is all relative, yes there will be some noise from the macerator but generally it's not for a prolonged period. As an example My other half will usually sleep through a bomb going off. However if I am watching the football and shes gone to sleep she knows instantly if I open the fridge for another beer :smile:

Oh i agree! I guess what i'm trying to say is are the sounds comparable?

It is a slightly more mechanical sound but it will be doing its thing at the same time as the cistern is refilling so again it's all relative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I am planning to build a small half...
Replies
Views
Please come back with a photo and words of the...
Replies
Views
Saniflow are expensive but if you ever replace...
Replies
Views
Bailing out the loo is not something I would...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Back