Quote for unvented Cylinder, some explanations | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Quote for unvented Cylinder, some explanations in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gijno

Hello guys, I've asked for a quote for unvented cylinder and this is part of that quote:

"The dimensions for the Elson cylinder and metal frame mean that it will not fit in the cupboard. We have quoted for a 150 litre unvented cylinder which we feel is the best resolution for this, but please be advised that a wooden frame will need to be made in the cupboard to mount the cylinder on. The frame will be constructed to allow for a washing machine to be fitted underneath it and the Santon cylinder will have a greater capacity than the Elson tank. There is only one electrical supply for an immersion heater, which will be connected to the lower immersion on the new cylinder. The safety discharge pipes will terminate into a hepv0 trap and waste pipe which will be connected to the stack in the back corner of the cupboard. Part of the boxing around the stack will need to be removed so the stack can be accessed. A final survey will be required to ensure that all components will fit in the space available".

What is a "stack"? Can I have an explanation about both safety discharge pips and unvented system work?

Thanks as usual for your help :)

PS. Company which provide quote is PGS Service LTD (
http://www.pgs-electricians.co.uk), does anyone have reference?

the stack will be the soil stack, (4" waste pipe)
discharge pipes are for temperature and pressure relief
but, why not ask the person that has quoted you??
they will be better able to explain having seen the job?
or are you questioning about them?

Hello Simon, no questioning at all, just info :)
I've already asked to them but i'm still waiting for their response. It is just to ask to an indipendent part.
Soil stack is also a safety system of unvented boiler?

No the soil stack is the 4 inch waste pipe that connects to the drains outside and takes all the waste from your toilet basin etc away :)

Glad you have taken the advice on previous thread mate, good to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
That’s is the correct guide to follow
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
MOSSEP
M
Good point and tbh I've seen countless 15/30L...
Replies
Views
Perhaps fitting pump as suggested would be a...
Replies
Views
Back