Rad bleeding and Boiler refilling ?? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rad bleeding and Boiler refilling ?? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Poynton Phil

Hi, I have just popped over from the tiling forum to see if I can get a bit of advice, before I talk to our plumber on this subject.

We had a new c/h system fitted last june/july, with a worcester bosch combi boiler. The problem is that since then, I have had to bleed the radiators half a dozen times, and refill the boiler 3 or 4 times, is this normal, or could there be a problem.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

was it just the boiler that was replaced?
if the radiators were existing and old were they flushed?
corrosion in the system can cause the build up of hydrogen, you can test this when you vent the radiator - does the "air" coming out burn?

It was a complete new system rads, pipe work, and boiler. The bugalow we bought was basicly flattened and rebuilt, so every thing is brand new.

Next time you bleed a radiator try lighting it. You can do it straight from the vent but my preference is to hold a cup upside down and vent into it. If you insert a lighted match and it goes pop it is hydrogen gas and a sign of corrosion.

It sounds like you've got a leak somewhere inn the system Phil. If the plumber fitted it, it's up to him to sort it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Someone has said, he wouldnt of plumbed it as...
Replies
Views
Sounds like you have found a blockage, if so...
Replies
Views
RobinA
R
It’s regulations not to keep the hose on but...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Back