radflex and heatkeeper do they work? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss radflex and heatkeeper do they work? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

S

ste2hot

Hi everyone had some great advice from you guys in the past, i have recently been reading reviews on reflector foils behind radiators and that radflex and heatkeeper seem to be the highest rated. Are they actually any good ?

any form of insulation/energy conservation has to be worth a try
the reflective panels are a relatively cheap solution to save some heat that would be lost
the heat is unfortunately lost from all the wall, not just behind the radiator
a better therefore more expensive option is insulating the complete exterior walls
for a cavity wall that means filling the void, for solid walls an insulated plasterboard would make a more noticeable difference to the heat losses.

(Not a Plumber)
Cavity wall insulation , is good
Sadly anything that encourages internal walls to run cooler ,
can cause more condensation ,especially North walls !

I thought hot radiator was under window to counter cold air from window , less of a problem if well glazed .

(Saving Energy - Drafts may be a loss , but provide ventilation ! )

these will, imo, reduce or slow down the heatloss, they stop large amount of heat going direct thru wall, heat reflected heats the air in the room which tho is still dissipated thu wall at a slower rate??
i use tin foil and blue tack :)

had some on the living room rad...tell no difference when i took it off?.

agree with dancin, baco foil just as good if any with good d.g and cavity insulation/

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Did the op get an invoice before payment ?
Replies
Views
D
thanks again pork chop i will go for the 25kw...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
  • Question
Just a thought but did you check the fuse box...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Pipe moved...Temporarily fed back...
Replies
Views
It's a very old house so I doubt it but I'll...
Replies
Views
Back