radiator cooling down | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss radiator cooling down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

The problem is this ; an upstairs rad is for some reason cooling down ( usually in the evening ) - I've flushed the rad out and had the heating on with all the radiators hot but customer says that this particular heater still cools down in the evening. Was thinking maybe the TRV is faulty? What else could be causing this?

thanks guys,

dave

remove trv head and see how you go,if radiator stays on,adjust head pin so head wax cartridge has to expand more to close pin thus radiator

close down all other rads, fire up to temp to blow through this rad for 10/20 minuites,
then ballance properly then/ also check puddles thread.
i bet the customer only notices in the evening.

thanks guys - what is the puddles thread btw?:confused:

thanks lads - will check it out tomorrow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
It’s expansion and contraction do you have the...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
You seem to have got it sorted, but for future...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Zone 1 does the whole house including...
Replies
Views
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
Back