Radiator doesn’t stay hot/warm | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiator doesn’t stay hot/warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

I recently had a new boiler installed and replaced one radiator after the previous one corroded.

The issue is after 2 hours the radiator appears to shut down going from keeping the room warm, to being completely cold and the room becoming unliveable (especially during current weather).

The radiator never comes back on, despite the boiler being on and the other rooms still being warm. The radiator has a TRV (as do all the other rooms). I have removed the TRV to ensure the valve isn’t stuck, and each radiator has been bled, but not really sure what else to consider.

The plumber who fitted the radiator advised there was nothing wrong and to live with this!

Not sure whether it is significant or not but the boiler is in the upstairs bathroom, and the radiator is in the front bedroom on the same floor.

Any help would be appreciated, with the current weather and the freezing room I haven’t been able to utilise the room and had to move my children out of there which is just beyond stupid!

Thanks
Bellers

As Riley has stated, or is there anything covering the TRV head (curtains etc) these valves are temperature sensing but could be affected by such furnishings.

Hi, I removed the TRV completely this evening and the radiator got and stayed warm for the duration of the time the heating was on (the first time since it’s been fitted), albeit still not heating the room fully.

The radiator is completely unobstructed, it’s not under a window or has anything hanging over the valve. Can I put this down to a dodgy TRV?

Similar plumbing topics

C
If your happy you can just use that one...
Replies
Views
I will have to experiment like you said and...
Replies
Views
M
Teed off of 10mm feeds from original rad?
Replies
Views
Thanks mate. Been very lucky, a neighbour...
Replies
Views
It is set to that, max output, CC3 at 6.5M...
Replies
Views
Back