Radiator Heat Up Order | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiator Heat Up Order in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some stage (downstairs bathroom and upstairs bedroom). There is a mix between some radiators flow/return not really coinciding with where the TRV/lock shield valve is located.

I have included a sketch, shows the radiator orientation against the walls and flow/return along with which sides are TRVs if fitted.

The confusion is whether the radiator heat up order could be Downstairs Kitchen Extension RAD -> Upstairs Bedroom Extension RAD -> Downstairs Kitchen RAD? Is that a possibility if an extension was done for the pipework to basically go from boiler to ext rad ext rad then back down? As this seems to be the results I am getting, but it doesn't make sense?

How would the pipework generally be fed? When an extension is done?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-17 at 15.46.43 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-17 at 15.46.43 (1).jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 36
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi directional which side of rad is flow or return don't really matter,
Yes it's possible extention rads are piped back to near boiler indeed could be considered good practice.
It's not important to know what order rads are piped up just adjust lockshields so all rads heat up at more or less same time and temperature.

Similar plumbing topics

1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
You seem to have got it sorted, but for future...
Replies
Views
O
Have you tried waggling the pin on the trv...
Replies
Views
Thanks for letting us know.
Replies
Views
Back