Radiator heating up-issue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiator heating up-issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hello, I’m after a bit of advice regarding a radiator that warms up but only gets approx 60% as hot when compared to others.

I live in a small 2 bed property - 6 radiators, 2 bedroom, 1 landing, 1 towel & 2 downstairs.

The downstairs radiators are back to back on a dividing wall both fed from the same flow and return pipe work (the pencil sized copper pipe work). The radiator on wall where the pipework runs along skirting is nice and hot, this flow and return pipework is “teed” off through the wall and is connected to the rad on the opposite side of the wall. This radiator only gets approx 60% warm when compared to the other. The return pipe on this radiator is only warm to the touch where as the opposing radiators return is hot. My plumber has tried balancing the rads, locking down all the TRV to allow flow to the problem radiator, but nothing seems to improve / increase the temp.

Could this be an issue with teeing off? In that the water will not flow as easily to the Teed rad. Not sure what else to try to be honest, and it’s typical that this rad is in the room we use the most.

Both rads are new, with new valves, and fed by a relatively old but reliable combo boiler.

Anything else i can try?

Any advice much appreciated

Kink in you microbore (pencil pipe) flow or the return. Lift a couple of boards see what's happening. Also microbore might not do the job if it is plumbed in to microbore. Try and feed pipe back to the manifold.

I have added a couple of photos where you can see it’s teed off, it’s hot at this t junction, but only just about warm where it comes out of the wall at the other side.

B4C51E85-EB3D-408C-BE9B-43D58336FBF2.jpeg

3251E1FC-A3E1-4D2C-ACD6-47B338CF7566.jpeg

the hot rad is taking all of the heat as water will take the easiest route, try turning off the hot rad and see if it gets the cool one hotter if so then you will need to balance the system to make sure you get it to flow properly

Do you have a system filter? Has the system been powerflushed? When you say new do you mean they was an existing rad in the other room before and it’s been replaced or you have had a new rad installed and it’s been tee offed the one in the room next door? Also try what gasmk1 suggested

Similar plumbing topics

Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well done for sorting it. Waggling the trv pin...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If it gets fully hot with other rads off, the...
Replies
Views
O
Have you tried waggling the pin on the trv...
Replies
Views
Back