Radiator insulation | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiator insulation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUCIALIA

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Is the radiator isulation any good/recommended. The reflective type that you can buy of about £8 from screwfix etc?

same as aluminium bako-foil pasted on wall for 8 pence per rad i think?.
got on on living room wall, it has been there for 18 years and to be honest i cant tell any difference, so no. unless some one can provide tech evidence?.

Without going into heat loss, reflective surfaces and all that techie talk, I used some stuff from Wickes.

Best price I could find. Its about 7metres long by 600mm high.

Its like bubble wrap with a foil back. Seems to have improved things quite a bit.

Mind you virtually adding any insulation behind rads which have none at all, is bound to improve things.

The room is certainly warmer.

If you want to go into this kind of stuff in a bit more professional way, look for the free Stelrad "Stars" program, download it and then you can enter in whatever insulation factors you like, to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

As part of deep house renovation, planning to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Agree with Shaun......possibly a Hattersly rad...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old 3 story property with...
Replies
Views
Hi. It is a whole new system that has been...
Replies
Views
Vertical rads can be a bit hit and miss. I...
Replies
Views
Back