Radiator make / model recommendations | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiator make / model recommendations in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi

New member here with a general question:

My wife and I bought an old house needing a total overhaul. We're undertaking the renovation project presently (great timing!). Any recommendations on efficient and decent radiator makes / models would be greatly appreciated to narrow down the search...

Some context:

• House is an old Georgian building with large single glazed windows (listed, so we can't touch them), but sits nestled in a valley so quite sheltered from the wind and worst of weather (we're in the south anyhow, so not too cold except for the worst periods of winter)
  • There's a new ground floor UFH (wet) system (Omnie Staple) presently being installed
  • First and Second floor will be conventional rads with room BTU requirements varying from 2k - 8k, but most at c4k-5k

My wife is an interior designer and had fallen for the traditional cast iron radiator designs but, aside from very high price, I have read many tales of woe with these re poor casting / assembly / problems with perishing gaskets so I have all but discounted them - unless anyone else has a contrary view?

We then briefly looked at 'designer' style, steel rads in the traditional cast iron design but these look like they're the worst of both worlds - high price (relatively) for a standard product with no ability to choose colour or exact sections / configuration.

So I then started looking at much more run-of-mill products that I assume are off-the-shelf, mass production, thus less likely to give issues and cheap. But there's countless options out there, so was really looking for any pointed people might be able to share...

For what it's worth, these were something that I was looking at recently: Kartell K-RAD Kompact Type 22

A couple of things might help narrower the search though:

• We need to mount rads on walls but also underneath Georgian windows, so need a good range of sizes / dimensions to cope with the varying space options
  • Ideally, we'd like to buy white and paint them (hammerite or similar) to match wall colours, so they are as inconspicuous as possible
  • I'd like to get a simple smart system that can talk to both the Omnie system and the traditional rads so that I can control heating remotely

Many thanks for reading and, in advance, any comments.

Similar plumbing topics

Well it clearly is on naughty engineer leaving...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No, there are other underlining issue that a...
Replies
Views
Back