Radiator not working | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiator not working in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Hiya,

I have finally caved and put the heating on, and have noticed that the radiator in the hallway is not coming on, which coincidently was the same radiator I had British Gas out in June to fix a leak on.

The hall is where the room stat is so the radiator in question does not have a TRV on it, I found the radiator was off, so I turned it back on but still no joy, so I went to bleed it, and found that the bleed valve was already open which of course resulted in the system pressure disappearing!

So I repressurised the system, bled all the radiators, and found the radiator in question was the only one with air in it, I then turned the heating back on and still no joy, both pipes going to the rad are also cold.

I realise that I am going to have to get BG back out to rectify this but any thoughts on what could be the issue in the mean time!?

Many thanks,
Carlos.

Yep, as soon as I opened the lock shield half a turn, the rad heated up, so it would appear to be yet another BG cowboy job!

Thanks a lot as always for all your help!

Should I leave the lockshield alone now or will it require any further adjustment?

System may need balanced but if it's a sealed system theyre normally pretty forgiving. Oh and we're not all cowboys ;0)

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad it worked! Leave it be for now, next time your heating comes on from cold take a race around to see that all your rads heat up around the same time. If they do then leave it. if not you may need to adjust all your lockshields slightly, This is called balancing your system.

Similar plumbing topics

Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well done for sorting it. Waggling the trv pin...
Replies
Views
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
TBSE is good practice! As long as flow is the Top.
Replies
Views
Back