radiator only getting warm | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss radiator only getting warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have gas central heating with a conventional boiler with a cold water tank and a hot water storage cylinder.

One of my radiators towards the end of the run used to get hot and I would then control the temperature with the TRV valve. Someone has turned the lock shield valve on the opposite end to the TRV valve and now it only gets slightly warm. I think it was done in error by a guest staying in the bedroom.

The the inlet pipe on the lock shield valve only seems to be very slightly warm whereas the other end with the TRV is a lot warmer.

I am still only able to get a slightly warm radiator even if I turn other radiators off.

Does anyone know which way (clockwise or anti clockwise) I should try turning the lock shield to increase the heat in the problem radiator. Can I do this whilst the system is running or wait until it goes cold ?

Any advice much appreciated.

Anti clockwise
Quarter a turn at a time, give it 5 min in-between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
M
Teed off of 10mm feeds from original rad?
Replies
Views
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
To prove once and for all that the rad tails...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
You should have not touched the lockshields...
Replies
Views
Back