Radiator pipework issue? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiator pipework issue? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all, hoping for help solve my problem I have encountered. I have fitted a free standing cast iron small radiator on ground floor. The feed comes from 15mm tails teed directly from the 22mm flow from the rear of the boiler flow outlet (same for return). The main flow pathway goes up to first floor then down to ground. These were installed prior by boiler installer. The radiator appears not to get hot and no evident pressure is noticeable on bleeding. Is the pipework run causing an issue with the 22mm feed overpowering the 15mm in this configuration? Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks

Wheres the circulation pump in relation to the radiator connection point?

Sounds like its before pump so wont work.
[automerge]1572388929[/automerge]
Photo or sketch of pipe layout will help.

What boiler do you have ? a Combi or system boiler it should work , a heat only then the pump will be sited away fro the boiler so you will stuggle . Kop
Thank you for the replies, it’s a Worcester Bosch green star 30i combi, I also noticed that there are iso valves on the feed and return when installed. These are not full bore, could they be the problem restricting the flow to about 8mm? If the design should work I can only see it being these iso valves? Thanks again

Pump location not a problem. Rad valves fully open?
Disconnect one valve off rad and run water through from both sides into a tub.

As above disconnect each side individually connect a hose to the valve and turn on open the filling loop on the boiler to push any debris out same on the other side then reconnect and try it again , flush the rad through at the same time aswell . Kop

Pump location not a problem. Rad valves fully open?
Disconnect one valve off rad and run water through from both sides into a tub.
Thanks, did try that a little, didn’t appear to flow greatly. It’s only a short run of around 4 metres, all other rads heat up nicely. Do you think the cheap isolation valves are restricting the flies? Thanks for your help
[automerge]1572434252[/automerge]
Thanks guys, all help appreciated, will try as suggested and report when I can get over next week.

Last edited:
As long as you have plenty of pressure in the system it should fly through. Seems that something is restricting it or air in pipework.

Are the feeds plastic or copper?

Similar plumbing topics

Pipework looks fine maybe try balancing the rads ?
Replies
Views
  • Question
I wouldn't worry about them. Leave them a be...
Replies
Views
A simple thing i'd probably check is the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
Back