Radiator plug part identification | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiator plug part identification in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hello everyone, the piece shown below broke when removing it from the T-piece from one of my radiators. The outside screw piece broke in two. It seemed to be closing the steam trap. I need to replace it but don't know what it is called and my local (South London) plumbing supply store didn't have any or knew where I could get them.

Could you please help me identify this and possibly where I could source it?
I tried closing the T-piece with a male end blanking plug but it is leaking.

Thank you very much in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1758.JPG
    IMG_1758.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1762.JPG
    IMG_1762.JPG
    509.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1764.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG
    490.6 KB · Views: 27
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/chrome-straight-radiator-valve-15mm-x-2-pack/84816

Thanks for your reply. Went on to buy that piece and will try to fit it shortly. I realized that the bottom it fits perfectly into the 15mm pipe but the top bit into the radiator does not fit the piece already inside it. It's a narrower pipe, probably a conversion piece?
Should I remove the old piece inside the towel rad and fit the new one that came with the valve or buy a new straight valve that fits with what's already there?

Thank you

Need to swap the piece into the rad eg the tail

if you don’t want to mess around with the tail just need to swap the valves to this type

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/chrome-straight-radiator-valve-15mm-x-2-pack/43146

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Check the pipe regularly, maybe there is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Firstly, I love seeing the world through other...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good idea. Whenever I am doing work or more...
Replies
Views
In my experience, the way these things usually...
Replies
Views
Back