radiator size, advice please | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss radiator size, advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

uk1simon

Hello,

I want to replace an old radiator in my daughter's room. It's size is 1600x600mm. A local plumber recommended to me a single panel 1100x500mm at about 2900btu and it seems to me it's much smaller.
The room size is 3.94 x 2.71 x 2.3 (LWH), 3.6m2 window area, double glazing, loft insulation 50cm+, cavity wall insulation, one wall north facing, the other one west facing, heated room below. I wanted to check twice and typed in these values in online calculator and got btu between 2100 and 3000. Any advice please.

Regards,
Simon

I suspect that your plumber is recommending a single convector radiator, not a single panel. A single convector has fins welded to the back, whereas a single panel doesn't. Single panels are quite unusual these days, but used to be common - if your existing 600 x 1600 rad is single panel, then a modern 500 x 1100 single convector will probably give the same, if not slightly more, output.

quinn do a range called hi-lo, designed to be used as replacements for the same sized old style rads. The convectors are smaller reducing the output alittle.

either way a trv will control the room temp well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Replace the old radiators larger rooms need 2...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have fitted one with 2500 output; perfect...
Replies
Views
  • Question
From my other thread (i.e. Rate of heating in...
Replies
Views
What makes a huge difference to the heat...
Replies
Views
Just cored the outlet , and it was next to a...
Replies
Views
Back