Radiator symbol constantly flashing | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiator symbol constantly flashing in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

D

DarronMueller

Hi,

This is the first flat I have lived in so please forgive any stupidity.

I am currently renting a flat with a Glow-worm compact combi boiler. The flat for some reason does not have a thermostat and is relying souly on TRVs on all rads and a manual valve on the bathroom rad. However I have noticed that even with all TRVs set to 0 and the manual valve closed the boiler has a flashing radiator symbol indicating there is heat demand. Is this expected behaviour of the boiler or is there an issue in the system?

Would also like to note that I was running the boiler in summer mode since May but took it out today temporarily to make sure all was well.

I'm not familiar with your boiler, but generally when the radiator sign is flashing it means there is a call for heat and the specified heating temperature has been reached.
The boiler is cycling off due to the set temperature of the heating water being reached

Similar plumbing topics

A
TRVs open? Any other valves been touched?
Replies
Views
I would set the internal bypass to its max...
Replies
Views
B
Sounds like a sticking microswitch in the zone...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi It seems like i have exatly same problem -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Closing the loop... I replaced the valve body...
Replies
Views
Back