Radiator tail leak | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiator tail leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

Following on from yesterday i have again taken the tail out of teh rad and applied new ptfe tape (more this time), screwed back into rad and hey presto there is atill a very small leak, drips about each hour.

I am lost, should I buy a new tail? the one I have doesn't have the original deep thread so I fear it could be this (its an Altech lockshields with drain) and the thread seems to be like 'dashes'.

Anyway, I think I'll but a new tail, ptfe up, add some LSX. tighten up and hope for the best, I need to get ot sorted as new carpet being fitted in a week!

Cheers

Rocket

As you say get a new tail with a better thread

The joint is made by the ptfe tape being packed between the threads when tightened,so if threads to loose,this makes joint hard to make water tight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Finally got it to seal - ptfe paste to fill...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/fernox-ls-x-leak-sea...
Replies
Views
Will seal fine with some thread sealant...
Replies
Views
Hi Problematic valve resolved! I removed the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Already have the trvs
Replies
Views
Back