Radiator Valve Head Broken - Can it be replaced | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiator Valve Head Broken - Can it be replaced in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike C

Hi,

the head has broken off a radiator valve. The narrow plastic collar that inserts into the valve body has perished and eventually cracked. Can I just replace this head and can it be done easily? It is a Bulldog valve and I have seen the same one for sale complete on various web sites.

Cheers

I can't upload any pictures. I am being asked for a url to link to and when I insert a url my post is denied. Any suggestions ?

Can anyone help out with this. Someone was good enough to reply but hasn't come back. I can't post pictures or links. I am being denied for some reason.

Can anyone help out with this. Someone was good enough to reply but hasn't come back. I can't post pictures or links. I am being denied for some reason.

Hi Mike

As an anti-spam measure, the forum prevents the posting of pics until a certain postcount.

Try uploading the pic to flickr or similar site, then post the url.

Don't think they can post urls either, until more posts, Ray.

Hi Mike, looks like you may need a new boiler and rads

Bit busy ATM sorry mate, have a look on checkatrade

imgres

Where are you mike I've got loads of rad valve heads kicking about in the van you can take your pick!

Is it the bulldog Lockshield or wheel head? With the screw in the top?

Is it the bulldog Lockshield or wheel head? With the screw in the top?

OK, I am trying something here. Delete the a before https and paste the link into your browser for some pics. Apologies to the forum for breaking any rules.

ahttps://www.flickr.com/photos/95453186@N07/16273637786/

ahttps://www.flickr.com/photos/95453186@N07/16297771881/

The chrome ring should unscrew and then all the white bits that have broken will come off.
Then just screw the new one on. You might need to use a pair of grips if its tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Up until now I had thought these were good...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Closing the loop... I replaced the valve body...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just replace the whole valve. Stop being...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Back