Radiator valves question | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiator valves question in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi guys, got supplied some corner valves but they have a rubber to go into the radiator inlet to create a seal.

Well I imagine that's the idea, fit hundreds of valves but always used Ptfe or Loctite. Never actually seen one like this.

Will the rubber do the job, or should I remove and fit as normal with Loctite?

Any advice be appreciated

Thanks

Attachments

• 20241004_121159.jpg
    20241004_121159.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Rubber should be good a lot of rad blanks and bleeds use a rubber seal now don’t forget they are parallel threads, will look neater without ptfe showing. You can always use loctite fluid if you don’t trust it

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks for that Chuck - not been back on here...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ah ok. In the past on bleed valves I have not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Making alterations and spending money on a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Does the rad pipework just feed this rad? I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will be a 15-60 then prob ups2 Green lights ?
Replies
Views
Back