Radiator & wall | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiator & wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends

I've been asked to refix a rad loose on a wall.

It's a plasterboard wall, current fixings have come out.

What can I do?

Cheers

Rct

Spring toggles :)

toggle%209.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Spring toggles was the way I was going.

I don't think they want me to put timber in the wall BUT needs must maybe.

Thanks for the replies.

Rct

Multi-Fix Gold Flat Countersunk T30 Recess Concrete Screws 7.5 x 80mm Pk100 | Single Packs | NoLinkingToThis
if it's dry lined on brick or stone use these it will never come off

Best way is to fix some white soffit board horizantal from upright to upright
on the stud wall at the correct heights for the brackets on the back of rads

its really thin and strong does not need painting and usually no alteration of the
pipework is required CHK

If the rad is not too big then cut a hole behind it and get 2 sheets of ply behind the brackets and screw it in place. I have done it a fair few times and never had a problem since.

theres a new company that do plasterboard fixings, [DLMURL="http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/products/screws_and_fixings/plug_and_plasterboard_fittings/387002/grip_it_plasterboard_fixing_red_16mm/768040?vat=1&gclid=CjwKEAjww8eiBRCE7qvK9Z7W_DgSJABfOjf2UkXX5wHMZKnFLuwKLbTwU014tO11AG_VWQ9Ow6HFcRoCXDLw_wcB"]Grip It Fixing - 16mm Hole - 5.0 x 40mm Screw | Ironmongery Direct[/DLMURL]
anybody tried it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Cheers for the advice Shaun. How easy would...
Replies
Views
  • Question
ah ok. Yes they are chasing in at the moment...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Fit one radiator, correctly sized to heat the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If it's 1940's there might be a DPM, in which...
Replies
Views
Back