Radiators hot when the hot water is switched on! | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiators hot when the hot water is switched on! in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

B

biomidge

Hi

We have recently noticed our radiators are getting hot when only the hot water is switched on. I have a Drayton mid point actuator. Which seems to be working fine. I took the actuator off too and manually moved the valve (it moved easily and smoothly) to the hot water position and still the radiators were getting hot! Is it possible the valve is faulty internally? I'm stumped! Any help would be very greatly recieved!

Many thanks!

Steve

Think you asked about this B4, if 3 port valve is not letting by, [easy to check,] only top floor rads heating up, you will more than likely find a in-line check valve on system a failed, to do with return from cylinder in wrong place, valve about £10. but as B4 depends where it is and how easy to get at

All of the radiators or just 1 or 2.
Have you had any heating modifications ??

Could it be possible that some may have been plumbed into the flow and return before the three port ???

So whether heating or hot water they will always get hot as not regulated by 3 port

If not its a dodgy 3 port

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I used wd40’s silicone spray version
Replies
Views
G
Could be one of a number. Need to know what...
Replies
Views
John Thank you for all your help, changed the...
Replies
Views
Back