Radiators Not filling in one room. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiators Not filling in one room. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All,

Was wondering if anyone could offer some assistance, I've just moved into a new flat and now that the winters are cold enough to warrant turning the heating on I've just figured out that the radiator in the main room is not filling all the way! It doesn't get very hot at all.

I've tried bleeding it from the top, I get a hissing sound but then not a drip drip of water which leads me to believe that there is not enough water in the system.. I'm trying to find out how I add water to the central heating system and I'm coming unstuck If anyone could have a look at the pictures attached and let me know if they have any ideas?

Thanks a lot for any help :) x

IMG_20161112_163705.jpgIMG_20161112_163715.jpg

On the lefthand side of the boiler there is a chrome isolation valve with a cap on it , to the left of that looks a loose hose resting in a clip ( I think ) . One end of the hose will go on the isolation valve, then just find our where the other connection point is. Its your filling loop , pressurise the system to 1 bar ( double check with the manufacturers)

I think you are right, the tap on the left is to the mains and I think the tap in the picture is the one I can use to re-pressurize the system. Only trouble is there is no pressure meter that I can see, are there any big dangers with going over 1 bar?
And also the red tap on the other connection point will that have to be turned anti clockwise?

IMG_20161112_170419.jpg IMG_20161112_170409.jpg

Last edited:
the pressure may show on your boiler screen quite a lot work that way now if unsure go online and down load the instructions for your boiler if you go over 3 bar the pressure releif valve will react and open to stop any damage to the system if you are unsure ask one of your neighbors they may know

the pressure may show on your boiler screen quite a lot work that way now if unsure go online and down load the instructions for your boiler if you go over 3 bar the pressure releif valve will react and open to stop any damage to the system if you are unsure ask one of your neighbors they may know

Thanks

I dont think the screen has pressure information, it's a sonometer 1100 and the instruction guide doesnt seem to mention pressure at all.

You dont want to over pressurise it , is a boiler I have never seen or heard of, hopefully sombody will be along soon , otherwise , just put enough pressure to make it work and try get hold of the manufacturer on Monday. It may operate on some neons flashing to indicate pressure, just needs a gauge to make life easier

It's a heat exchanger. Will be fed from a central boiler.
This works as an independent system, filled by its own filling loop.
You can see the link for the filling loop on the left has side of the heT interface unit. Connect it up, turn on both taps an fill to about 1.2 bar. Bleed you radiators and re pressure again.

Looks a tidy install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Roughly 2.5kw for a insulated cavity and one...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well done for sorting it. Waggling the trv pin...
Replies
Views
Need a heating engineer in Central London I...
Replies
Views
Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
S
No point in doing anything with the radiators...
Replies
Views
Back