Radiators not working. ideas? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiators not working. ideas? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Went to replace TRVs on two non working rads today.
Combi so sealed system, ground floor flat with pipework under floor, both rads seem to be from the same 15mm run but I can't see what's going on under the laminate floor.
System water clean and filter minimal sludge.

I let the pressure off and swapped the TRVs. Pressureise and fired up the boiler and they didn't heat up.

I took out the rad air vent and put a tail in with hose pipe. Opened the TRVs and got water, opened the lock shield and got water on both rads.
Opened the filling loop to blast mains cold through on each.

Shut all other rads but no circulation to the cold two.

I'm going to gi back next week and take off the rads and flush through
Any other ideas?

Have they ever worked ?

I needed to put a new rad nowhere near any others the other day. Lifted a board where I wanted it on the off chance and found two 15mm feeds terminated with iso's right where I wanted them.

Turned off mains and let pressure of tap and then quickly turned each iso on and off again and both with still live, so heating pipes. Couldn't believe my luck but thought better check so put a 1/2" by 1/2" flexi from one to the other and turned them on and heating on. Nada.

On lifting boards further away later I found they'd both come off the flow.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Will be a 15-60 then prob ups2 Green lights ?
Replies
Views
A simple thing i'd probably check is the...
Replies
Views
The pin was stuck on the TRV,
Replies
Views
It looks like a bog standard, at the moment it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Rather than open up all the lockshields and...
Replies
Views
Back