Radiators off, boiler switched off - can I turn the water on? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiators off, boiler switched off - can I turn the water on? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

The radiators were taken off and the boiler was switched off as was the water supply.

Would switching the water supply back on cause a leak? The only taps are the bathroom and kitchen which have their own stop valves. The toilet has not been removed.

scott’s advice is sound as they quite often ‘let by’ even when in the off position. Disconnect the loop and then reinstate the water, observe if the loop is leaking - if it’s a tiny bit and it’s for a short time just use a catch pot. If worse or for a longer time then cap it off.

Similar plumbing topics

The mains water is now feeding everything in...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think Ill have a Hive thermostat in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a flexicom.cx that hasn’t been...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
Thank you for the reply, plumber attended...
Replies
Views
Back