Radiators will not heat up dispite red hot pipes | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Radiators will not heat up dispite red hot pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I hope someone can help me I'm at my wits end....the rads I'm working on will not heat up no matter how much balancing I try!
The feed pipe to the rads are very hot but I cannot get the hot water into the rads?
Any ideas would be most welcome.
Thanks

Looks like poor circulation.
What size are the pipes connected to the rad?
Also, is it open vented or sealed system?

Ive tried shutting all rads upstairs off completely but downstairs stays cool, opened back up and upstairs now hot but down cold.......ahhhh

Are there any zone valves? Always possible one is seized nearly closed.
Or any other isolating valves?
Or your circulating pump could be only partly functioning and if that is happening, the hardest to pump to rads with perform worst, such as on drops to downstairs rads

Try turning every radiator off except one of the downstairs rads to see if it works

Ok thanks will give it a try tomorrow....no zones, upstairs does heat first and as we speak the upstairs rads are red hot but downstairs still cold...

Has anything changed? New rads, new valves???

Depends on your boiler. What ya got?

Then no as you can’t take cover off boiler. You will need a gas engineer mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
The pin was stuck on the TRV,
Replies
Views
O
Have you tried waggling the pin on the trv...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well done for sorting it. Waggling the trv pin...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will be a 15-60 then prob ups2 Green lights ?
Replies
Views
Back