rads cold no indication of boiler fault HW fine (pls urgent) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss rads cold no indication of boiler fault HW fine (pls urgent) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi All

Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout

I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone cold and no fault codes coming from the boiler just a constand "c" indicating a call for CH is on and the boiler does sound like it's on also HW is fine and hot straight out of the tap

Any idea what it could be

Further info

Boiler is an Ideal Combi 35
Rad valves are all open on TRV's and lockshield
Flow pipe is warm return valve is hot but rest of the pipe is cold

Any further info needed please ask, desperate for guests not to to spend xmas in several layers

Sorry quick update and free xmas blooper for heating engineers

Had an aladdin isolation valve closed hidden behind the wahing machine from when we had a leak, inlet hose must of grabbed it when we had the washing machine pulled out to be fixed

still suprised the boiler didn't fault when there was no circulation

With CH selected on, if you open a hot tap does the boiler just fire up and provide HW?., when you close the hot tap does the boiler just stop firing?.

Have you got motorized zone valves?.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
Are you in a hard water area? Limescale in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
'Have tried all off bar A, B, and C, so not...
Replies
Views
Back