Rads coming on when hot water is on | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rads coming on when hot water is on in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
ive just changed the 2 port on the heating side as I thought it was letting by as all rads started to get hot when only water on demand.

Fired up boiler on demand for water once changed 2 port, flow pipe to rads underneath 2 port stone cold but rads still warming up at a slow rate.

Checked bypass and it's fine. I put 10 replacement rads a couple months ago and when heating on demand all heat up nicely.

Heat only boiler, unvented cylinder.

**update**
I've just noticed it's the return pipes from rads heating up when hot water is on

Any suggestions? Blockage somewhere?

Last edited:
I wonder if the old rads had unidirectional TRV's (if they had TRV's) which prevented this reverse circulation? Now you have new rads in with bi-directional valves the problem has been able to show itself?

I wonder if the old rads had unidirectional TRV's (if they had TRV's) which prevented this reverse circulation? Now you have new rads in with bi-directional valves the problem has been able to show itself?
Good point!! I'm gonna try pop back today so I'll see if I can get a butchers at the return path and order of the heating, water and bypass.

Good point!! I'm gonna try pop back today so I'll see if I can get a butchers at the return path and order of the heating, water and bypass.
So the order after the pump is:
DHW, Heating, Bypass
Should be:
Bypass, DHW, Heating. Same order on return. But return pipework is concealed.
That right?

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello all I'm replacing 2 unvented cylinder a...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
Below is a sizing chart based on a heat loss...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back