Rads too hot to touch | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rads too hot to touch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worcester Heatslave 20/25 oil fired boiler 4 years old, diverter valve renewed 3 months ago.

I don't seem to have any control over my radiator temps they get seriously hot too hot to touch, not sure if boiler c/h stat is working how can I check, I have turned it fully down and it has no impact on the rad temps, I thought if it failed the water would boil and fetch out the over-temp trip, or is my room thermostat catching it before it boils?

Could I test it by shorting out the room stat and seeing if the boiler boils, or is there a better safer way?

I test with my digital thermometer clamped on to the flow pipe and adjusting the dial. If it had failed completely then the O/H stat should operate,it may have gone out of calibration.Is the sensor properly located in the pocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes you can remove the heads which is the best...
Replies
Views
Defo the cartridge not seating, probably had...
Replies
Views
All sorted. It was a dodgy microswitch in the...
Replies
Views
I would think the time switch wire would go to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back