Rainwater, soil. Question. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rainwater, soil. Question. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gr fto reborn

Tbh I'm nothing to do with this job I have only been asked to run some underground supply pipework to some garden taps. But the builder who is doing some landscaping called me today. Saying he has an issue. He has some problem with the rainwater drainage. He wants to link it to the clients foul water drainage. I have said to him that He shouldn't due to the house being in a rural area and having a chess pit. It wouldn't be wise to pump a whole roof load if rainwater into it. I have been looking through my water regs books and encyclopaedia but can't find anything to back me up. Is it down to the local authority (building control) or is their a regulation I can show the builder so my client gets a decent job. I want to look after my customer and give them all of the correct info.

Found it. Bs 6297. Thanks if anyone did start to look for me!!

whats bs6297? and how did you get a copy? drainage comes under building regs part H. local building control will have a field day!

even if it was legal. the guy will be round fairly quick when all that stuff comes out from his pit when we have a good few days constant rain. me thinks.

Hi The conditions you describe are usually catered for using a soakaway for the rainwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for your replies :-)
Replies
Views
Yes, you are correct, it is wrong, I’ve had it...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
https://www.monsterplumb.co.uk/floplast-110mm-x...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
https://www.pipekit.co.uk/marley-hdpe-concentri...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back