Random radiators stopped working after cold weather | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Random radiators stopped working after cold weather in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

I have a Worcestor Danesmoor boiler that lives in a stone outhouse and heats the water and radiators in my house.

The heating is set to come on at certain times of day, but during the recent cold weather it stopped coming on. I tried pressing the manual reset button a few times, but assume there was something frozen in the system somewhere as it would just turn off again. Once the weather warmed up slightly, the boiler started coming on again as usual.

However, since this happened, three radiators in different parts of my house have stopped heating up at all. The rest of the radiators in the house are working fine. I know the radiators were all working properly before the cold weather as I had recently bled them all and checked. All of the radiators have thermostat valves.

I can't find a plumber to come out for at least a week, and was wondering if there was some quick solution I could try to get the radiators working again?

Any advice much appreciated.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Well done for sorting it. Waggling the trv pin...
Replies
Views
  • Question
With two issues following someone working on...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Your room thermostat turned up?
Replies
Views
Hi, I have one radiator that is not working...
Replies
Views
Back