raven heat boiler fault? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss raven heat boiler fault? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all, went to a boiler breakdown today for a ravenheat combi boiler, no hot water or heating, pump runs but no voltage to fan in dhw or ch mode. i found that one of the glass fuses on the pcb had blown. (315Ma one) but i didnt have any of these fuses on the van. however my query is why would it blow? i know that a few weeks ago it was fitted with an rf stat but it was working fine for a couple of weeks after the stat was fitted. could i be missing something that would cause the fuse to pop?

i have a feeling that im gonna replace the fuse and the new one is just gonna blow.

any help appreciated.

if a fuse blows there is something wrong check the pump,fan,diverter and lwp switch something is breaking down or getting wet

I don't know much about electrics but I supplied a wireless stat to an electrician for a boiler I fitted and he said he can't fit it because it could blow the board. Something about the boiler requiring a zero voltage something or other... Check the stat is compatible with this boiler

if a fuse blows there is something wrong check the pump,fan,diverter and lwp switch something is breaking down or getting wet

Good Advice, gas man.
Take your multi-meter to check components,otherwise you'll need a bag of 315ma fuses !!!!!!!!!
Check the RF has been fitted correctly [ boiler & RF wiring dia] probably not so as such a small fuse would have blown straight away.If you're lucky the diagram might show, whats covered by the fuse.
Disconnect each component & test.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Yes spot on need to have a look behind the...
Replies
Views
It seems that the power/pump module has failed...
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
What boiler eg make and model ?
Replies
Views
Back