Ravenheat Boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ravenheat Boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
In boiler recommendations Ravenheat doesn't appear and is even indicated as to avoid. My daughter needs a new boiler and I recommended a Worcester Bosch, however money is tight for her and there is a 32Kw Ravenheat Combi on offer for £580 plus VAT including flue and timer and 3 year warranty. If you experienced Gas Fitters say do not touch with a barge pole then I would not steer her towards it, however if for the price it is worth it then it may be something to consider.

In boiler recommendations Ravenheat doesn't appear and is even indicated as to avoid. My daughter needs a new boiler and I recommended a Worcester Bosch, however money is tight for her and there is a 32Kw Ravenheat Combi on offer for £580 plus VAT including flue and timer and 3 year warranty. If you experienced Gas Fitters say do not touch with a barge pole then I would not steer her towards it, however if for the price it is worth it then it may be something to consider.

Get an ideal logic + with 7 year warranty. Won't be much more and they're cracking boilers.

ravenheats are cheap,but some where not bad boilers the biggest problem is there lack of service engineers you would be better off with baxi/main or ideal

I went on there training course a few months ago they have improved a lot,there training was a lot more about boilers in general rather than push there own product.I would fit one of there boilers they have had to up there game as with all manufacturers.I would not fit a worcester boiler out of choice there full of plastic parts not good long therm imho.

I have one in my house was there when we moved in 8 years and all its had in that time is a pump can't complain

sent from my annoying box

I wouldn't fit a Ravenheat, I have to repair the old ones and they're rubbish. Poor design and poorly made. That's why they're cheap. Ye it might have a 3 year warranty, but they might leave you waiting for 3 weeks before coming and blaming the installer! Their tec support is not much good either.

I like the Baxi Duo Tec mk 1, which can be had cheaper now the mk 2 is available. They're easy to use and easy to repair.

Just fitted 2 Pro-combi exclusives.. made by Ideal..pretty cheap boilers

I had made an inquiry on the Ravenheat web site, a rep called me. I told him the sort of feedback I had received, he pointed out that there are no plastic parts in their boilers, the heat exchanger is the same as fitted in Vaillants and the gas valve is honeywell. So maybe as northcarr said that they have upped their game a bit. maybe I will give them a call and pretend I need a service call and see what they say.

Have not enjoyed working on or repairing ravenheats. Just bear in mind the money you save now you will pay out later when its being worked on as every job takes twice as long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
In a word, no. Needs a gas safe bod.
Replies
Views
D
Stainless steel is less likely to rot so...
Replies
Views
i go with Vaillant or Viessmann
Replies
Views
R
And I've just tidied it all up. Answer's...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Thanks, Iso, for the opportunity. If this...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back