Rayburn 400K won't maintain temperature | Oil and Solid Fuel Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rayburn 400K won't maintain temperature in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi - Our Rayburn 400K mainly runs low as a heater as we have LPG cooker. Yesterday (Christmas Day) I turned the control up to 8. It heated until the Thermodial needle got into the Roast sector, then it cut out and did not kick in again until it had cooled off - useless for roasting tatties! I tried switching off and on but no effect. The re-set button had not illuminated so presumably no problem with fuel supply. Possibly one of the thermostats is faulty? Any help appreciated.

If the burner did not lockout this suggests its not a problem with the burner or fuel supply. I more inclined to think a stat problem like you say but needs to be tested with a multimeter and someone who knows what they're doing.

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hey all, apologies for the long post: I've...
Replies
Views
richardc1983
R
A
I too have a duff Potterton F50 Profile...
Replies
Views
SueMax
S
Back