Rayburn 460 lock out fault | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rayburn 460 lock out fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hi
I am having an intermittent problem with the lock out on both the cooker and boiler side of the unit. The oil pressure is OK at 130 PSI I have tried it higher but no improvement. The jets are relatively new and the combustion chambers are clean. When just the cooker is running no lock out occurs but when both are set to run overnight lock out occurs.I have tried reducing the air supply but no improvement. Any ideas?

Hell Stephen,
If the cooker works okay on its own, but locks out if the boiler is on? It may be an oil issue, have you checked the filters either at the tank or inline? Maybe an issue of oil 'starvation' when both burners are running.
I would put the air supply back as you found it as this could cause you issues sooner or later.
Regards, Allen.

How are you checking combustion if you are fiddling with oil and air settings.

Time to stop fiddling and get somebody in who knows what they are doing.

Oil boilers are just as dangerous as gas appliances and are definitely not a diy job.

Check your CO2 readings on cooker and boiler when running separately, then again when running both together. Does it change?

Similar plumbing topics

All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That's October last year. What are they today?
Replies
Views
I can't take a picture at the moment but it is...
Replies
Views
Would agree eliminate possible fuel issues...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Back