Rayburn 460K Flue temperatures? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rayburn 460K Flue temperatures? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Greetings!

Having just rebuilt a Rayburn 460k with (ecoflam burners) due to the dreaded warped oven protection plate, I am trying to work out if the test point temperature readings for the Rayburn are, ‘what you’d expect’

Flue ways on cooker side & boiler side, including boiler baffles all now clean as a whistle. New fibre board fitted to oven burner chamber & new rope seals/gaskets all round. Fuel filters cleaned, fuel hoses replaced, nozzles replaced, pump pressure 10bar.

Both systems both work like a dream with co2 reading 11%, CO 6ppm & o2 around 5%.

My concern is that whilst the boiler test point shows a flue temp of around 200 deg C. The cooker side (test point on hot plate) reads around 500-550 deg C. Does anyone know if this is normal on an ecoflam Rayburn cooker side?

From memory Rayburn never gave a temperature reading just co2 11%/11,5% and a smoke reading not exceeding 2
The cooker side was known to run very hot often destroying blasttubes if settings were even slightly out!

Yeah I virtually rebuilt the Rayburn & don’t want it to rip itself to pieces again. With the settings that Rayburn provide it runs incredibly hot & it’s asking for it to melt itself.

I had some advice from another source to reduce the pump pressure to 110psi & replace the cooker 0.40 nozzle with a 0.35 nozzle & the flue temps will be a lot cooler but won’t really notice a difference in performance. I’m happy that it may run for longer & take slightly longer to get to temp if it doesn’t kill itself. They are bloody expensive…. I’ve ordered a nozzle & as long as the analyser readings are happy then I’ll keep an eye on it. Would be interesting to see if others have had similar issues/experiences

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
That's October last year. What are they today?
Replies
Views
Back